2014年1月4日 星期六

捏的英文怎麼說

"Don't pinch me!"
不要捏我!

"Stop hitting your brother."
停止打你的弟弟。

"Please do not scratch your rash. This can cause infection."
請不要抓你的紅疹。這樣會引致發炎。




咳嗽咳痰的英文怎麼說

"Mommy, I have a cough with phlegm"
"媽咪,我咳嗽咳痰。"

"Get lots of rest, drink plenty of water and try to cough up the mucus. "
“充分休息,多喝水,盡量把痰咳出來。”

"You should avoid mucus producing food such as cookies, chocolate, and soda pop."
"你應該避免惹痰的食物,如餅乾,朱古力和汽水。"

2014年1月2日 星期四

乖的英文怎麼說

"If you don't behave yourself, we are going straight home after lunch. Do you understand me?"
如果你不乖,我們午餐後便馬上回家。你明白嗎?

"Your kids are so well behaved!"
你的孩子很乖!

"Alex, obey your teacher and be kind to others. Your mom will pick you up after school."
Alex, 聽老師話並善待他人。媽媽會接你放學。

"Dad, I'll be a good boy."
爸爸,我會做個好孩子。

2014年1月1日 星期三

卡位的英文怎麼說

有一位朋友曾經很感慨地對我說香港人的英文詞彙實在不夠. 她看到一個媽媽在餐廳指著卡位對孩子說: Sit on that chair.  餐廳裡的卡位的英文其實是 restaurant booth.

"Would you prefer a table or a booth?"


"I prefer sitting in a booth to sitting at a table."


以下是一些在香港常見的凳(椅子)

嬰兒餐椅 - High chair
摺凳 - folding chair, 被喻為十大武器之首...

BB搖搖椅 - Baby Rocking Chair
梳化 - Couch / Sofa

汽車安全椅 - Car Seat


豆袋梳化 - Bean Bag